Optical detector from NanoSmartSensor™
Turns your smartphone into a highly sensitive device for detecting light flow modulation, determining and measuring lightpulsation, oscillograph and modulating spectrum analyzer
Some light sources have to pulsate (blink)such as IR remotes - they transmit control commands. However, we expect even light flow from most sources. In reality, all light sources create an uneven light flow (pulsate, blink) - which has two aspects:
1. Uneven light flow carries information about its cause: poor quality of electronics, malfunctions, overload, wear and tear...
2. The pulsation of light inevitably harms vision, as well as worsens the quality of photos and video shooting.
Thus, with an inexpensive, compact but powerful tool to detect, measure, and visualize the pulsations of light, you can have answers to the above-mentioned questions and make the right decisions.
Meet the NanoSmartSensor™ optical pulsation detector !
The optical detector from NanoSmartSensor™ is a miniature sensor that connects to the audio input (3.5mm) of your smartphone, tablet and computer.
Using free apps, you can easily find out if the light flashes, if so - with what frequency and amplitude. Determine how the light flow changes over time (get an oscillogram) and learn its spectrum. Also, the optical detector will allow you to identify random processes in light sources, which can be caused by overheating, poor contact or short circuit.
An optical detector is: an optical sensor packed with an amplifier into a high-strength stainless steel case, and sealed with high-quality epoxy resin (completely airtight). To connect to the phone has a wear-resistant nickel connector of 3.5 mm (4 pin) standard.
The principle of work: is to convert the energy of light flow into an electric signal, to release from the signal the variable component, its subsequent strengthening and issuance into the microphone input of the device for processing by the program.
Works: with computers, smartphones and tablets for Android, iOS, Windows andLinux, as well as with Arduino modules. If the device does not have a 3.5mm audio input, it connects via an AUX adapter, USB audio card or Bluetooth headphoneadapter.
Miniature, lightweight, portable, comfortable, reliable and "smart" device, in shock-resistant airtight performance. Easy to use and store. It does not require additional power sources.
Each device is hand-assembled from the highest quality materials and tested before shipping!
Each device has a warranty - 12 months.
Recommendations for use and software
1. Turn "flight" mode into your phone
2. Insert the detector tightly all the way
3. Headset icon will appear (not on all phones)
4. Open the app
Any software for analyzing beeps from the microphone is suitable.
Comparison of light sources by pulse amplitude (in conditional units):
1. Install a free app «Smart EM Checker».
2. Click the big grey button on the screen and start measuring.
3. Compare the readings with a similar measurement of another source: the one that will give a largerfigure - blinks stronger!
4. Incandescent lamps flash very strongly, but smoothly and with double the frequency of the network (100 Hz) - it doesn't affect your vision, and youdon't need to check them for pulsation.
5. When buying LED bulbs, require checks: the quality of electronics in them (and therefore the amplitude of flashing) - differ at times!
6. Flashing displays strongly depends on brightness (so-called PWM): the higher the brightness, the less blinking. Sometimes even a slight decrease in brightness leads to an increase in blinking at times!
Analysis of the processes in the onboard network of the car:
1. Install a free app «FFT Spectrum Analyzer».
2. Switch in the app «Sq» to «Lin».
3. Turn on the lighting lamp in the interior of the car and bring a detector to it.
4. If the engine doesn't work and "everything's off" then the app should not show any peaks.
5. Turn on the engine. In the application, the slider on the right side of the screen set at a comfortable level of sensitivity for your device, and the slider on the left side of the screen set at the range of frequencies so that it would be clearly seen on the smartphone screen the peak from the generator, moving on the screen from left to right while increasing engine revs.
6. The peak from the generator is the frequency of its revs, it should be visible "badly" (have a small amplitude). The more amplitude, the stronger the impact of the generator, which indicates problems in the electrical system: weak battery, or bad wiring, or generator requires repair.
7. Turn on the audio system and smoothly add volume. Starting from a certain level, the smartphone screen will begin to appear spectrum from music - this is the limit of wiring. If the limit comes at a volume at which you do not listen to music - then you do not need to do anything with wiring, and wheezing, etc. sound defects should be eliminated by replacing the acoustics or amplifier. If the limit comes earlier - then the wiring does not correspond to your volume and you need to put capacitors.
8. Similarly, the generator can see the work of xenon bulb converters - the higher the peaks the worse.
9. When checking the xenon lamps themselves, do not point the detector at the lamp, especially nearby! Move away for 5m or more, or point the detector at the reflection (wall, asphalt etc.).
10. Some electrical equipment can create strong interference in the electric system of the car (giving big peaks on the screen), for example, the engine cooling fan – it's normal.
Checking the IR remotes:
1. Install a free app «Sound Oscilloscope».
2. Set comfortable level of sensitivity for your device with the "+" button.
3. Point the remote beam at the detector. The work of the remote will be visible on the oscillogram in the form of peaks. If the batteries in the remote are weak, all the buttons either won't work or will be triggered for a short time. If there's a problem with certain buttons, only they won't work.
Determining the frequency of rotation:
1. Install any app that measures the frequency of pulses entering the microphone (for example, dosimeter software).
2. Point the laser pointer beam at the rotating object and catch the reflected beam with the detector. The frequency of pulses in the app will be the frequency of rotation!
3. If you want to be sure that you are doing everything right, then make sure of it visually, watching the reflected beam in the application «Sound Oscilloscope».